I passed this church on my way to Garway so took the opportunity to visit on the way back, unfortunately the church was locked so I could not look around inside. One thing of note is that it is a large church with very few houses nearby but the churchyard has a lot of headstones. It would be interesting to look around inside but unless I am back around the area I doubt I'll have a chance
The parish church is dedicated to St. Mary. Parts date from the 14th century, and there are 17th- and 18th-century monuments to the Scudamore family, but the church was largely rebuilt by the family in the 19th century
From over the fence near where I parked
The churchyard and church
Path to the church
Part of the churchyard which is not cut
East end of the church and churchyard
South of the church, I found it odd the cut one side but not the other even though the headstones look old
Longer look along the path
The east end part of the churchyard looking north
Around the north side churchyard with more recent burials and the area well maintained
North west of the churchyard
Couple of more large crosses
North side of the church
Wide view looking east, the corners are the lens hood
North side from across the churchyard
Towards the east end of the churchyard
Last look at the church.
Till next time have a peaceful weekend






6 comments:
Lovely church, Bill. Maybe next time, you can get inside. I'd love to see that!
Frustrating when they are locked! Good to see the wildflowers in the uncut parts of the graveyard.
It looks an interesting church - such a shame it was locked. It is always good to see churchyards where there are areas where grasses and wildflowers can grow. Herefordshire seems good for "living churchyards".
Yes, hope you can get back and it might be open that we can see the inside. Peace to you!
The church yard looks really nice.
Walking along this path is to see an interesting historical church. I enjoyed very much again. You show many Details.
Thank you, dear blogfriend, for sharing at MosaicMonday
Greetings by Heidrun
Post a Comment