Monday, 28 January 2013

A ruined Chapel


A number of years ago while driving along the A44 in Wales I though I spotted an old chapel off the road so one day when I got the chance I managed to find it again an stopped off for a look.



 The chapel had a small gate leading into a graveyard still with gravestones




Looking at the building it was in a poor state with most of the window frames and all the roof gone.









Windows faced towards the road. 




All it seemed was it needed a window.














The side looked like it has seen better days with a large crack over the window.








This photo was a stitch using two photos but showed inside the shell where a tree grew.

 The remaining graves and grass were still well tended and looked in good condition.

I left the place to it's own wondering what would become of it. The photos were taken nearly four years ago so I often wonder if it is still there and not fallen down.


5 comments:

  1. Interesting post. I wonder what has become of the chapel.
    Thank you for linking up with Cemetery Sunday

    Beneath Thy Feet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would love to stumble upon something like this. Hopefully it's still standing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is one not far from me I need to get some photo's of as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful photos -- what a discovery! Thanks for sharing with us on Taphophile Tragics. :)

    ReplyDelete