Friday, 16 November 2012

Headstones

A few of the headstones and memorials that I have come across and photographed in various churchyards.





This one can be seen in Pangourne church


















On the top of this memorial.






It managed to escape damage
In the churchyard you can see these headstones.




The Duchess of Suffolk at Ewelme Church








Underneath you can see her mouldering body.

















 St Laurence church Tidmarsh










These are more from St Laurence church in Tidmarsh

Streatley Churchyard
Streatley again
I'll end this selection with one of my local churchyard, St Mary's at Cholsey where you can find Agatha Christies grave which is over to the left out of site.

7 comments:

  1. Great pictures and some very beautiful gravestone. Thank you for linking up with Cemetery Sunday!

    Beneath Thy Feet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Great photos. What is your camera?
    Wonderful headstones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taken with various cameras Canon EOS350D,Canon SX200 and a Canon EOS60D which I use most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my first thought on seeing the second one is that it must be an uncomfortable pose to keep for eternity! I would prefer to have my hands folded across my chest, think. I am not sure what to make of the top of this memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely assortment of photos --- thank you for sharing these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again! I couldn't find your email address on your blog, so sending you this in a comment ---- I have put in a new link tool on the Taphophile Tragics post (and have linked to the original page of links). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collection of pictures, beautiful headstones! I like the headstone in Streatley Churchyard, the lady is beautifully made.

    SunCityGranite.com

    ReplyDelete